10 Things You Should Know When Becoming a Vendor
CONGRATULATIONS! You have taken the first steps in the great American Dream of BECOMING YOUR OWN BOSS. Whether it is a product to sell, a service you provide or you simply need to downsize some of your personal items, we have the perfect venue for you at an affordable price. It’s also a great place to test your market or to sell merchandise overruns!
Undoubtedly, you have many questions as you branch out in your new business. We are here to help! Below you find some helpful information as you navigate your way to the independence of extra income and financial freedom. Success is in your hands!
- How do I contact the Lafayette Jockey Lot?
- The Lafayette Jockey Lot is conveniently located at 3011 NW Evangeline Thruway in Lafayette and is visible from the highway.
- We can be contacted at www.lafayettejockeylot.com, by phone at (337) 236-3532 or feel free to stop in for a tour!
- How do I sign-up for my booth space?
Booth spaces can be reserved several ways:
- Rent online here
- Calling our office at (337) 236-3532
- Arriving Friday mornings beginning at 7:00am
- When am I required to pay for my booth space?
- First Come First Serve (Outdoor and Covered spaces) fees are required prior to Shopping Hours on your weekend of operation.
- Reservable Space fees are required prior to Shopping Hours on your weekend of operation. Going forward, future weekly fees are payable by 4:00pm on the Sunday prior to the upcoming weekend. Should your payment not be received by this time, we will re-rent your space to the next inquiring customer and you will be required to remove your merchandise.
- Lockable Space fees are required prior to your weekend of operation. Going forward, future weekly fees are payable by 4:00pm on the Sunday prior to the upcoming weekend. Should your payment not be received by this time your space will be re-rented to the next inquiring customer and you will be required to remove your merchandise.
- What can I sell?
- Products, services, personal items such as Collectibles, Clothing, Antiques, Swords/Knives, Leather Goods, Home Décor, Plants, Pet Supplies, Sports Items & Memorabilia, Furniture, Cell Phone Repair Services, Embroidery Services, Computer Repair Services, Musical Instruments & Lessons and so much more!
- What are the hours of operation at the Lafayette Jockey Lot?
The Lafayette Jockey Lot is open every Saturdays & Sundays Rain or Shine!
Saturday Sunday Shopping Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm 10:00am – 5:00pm Office Hours: 7:00am – 5:30pm 9:00am – 5:30pm Gate Hours: 6:00am – 7:00pm 8:00am – 7:00pm Kitchen Hours: 7:00am – 5:30pm
9:00am – 5:30pm
Bar/Snack Shack: 10:00am – 5:00pm 11:00am – 5:00pm
* Friday Gate Hours: 7am – 7:00pm Friday Office Hours: 8:00am – 5:00 pm
- When am I required to have my booth open and selling?
- Vendors are expected to be open and operational during posted Shopping Hours. By not doing so you risk losing a sale or a potentially loyal customer.
- Cash drawings are held at 9am & 5pm Saturdays and 10am & 5pm Sundays as incentive to comply.
- What is included in my booth space?
- One table is provided within each booth space. If available, additional tables may be rented for a fee of $4.00 per day.
- Where do I park?
- Parking is FREE!
- One car is allowed for each rented space, butis not guaranteed (not applicable in select areas) Additional vehicles must be parked in the general parking area.
- How can I refer friends to become a Vendor?
- The Lafayette Jockey Lot offers a referral program to Vendors. When you refer a fellow vendor and they participate for 4 consecutive weekends, you are eligible for rewards. Please inquire in the Jockey Lot office for our Referral Program details on how to earn your BONUS Bucks!
- Where do I go for assistance?
- Lafayette Jockey Lot has an on-site office conveniently located as you enter near the Concession area.
- An Information Desk is located as you enter the building from the main parking area. Here you will find a Market employee available to answer questions or assist with directions.
- Conveniently located near the office is an ATM for your convenience.