Changes coming to Jockey Lot for 2019
We would like to wish all our loyal Vendors a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Beginning in 2019 you can look forward to receiving a “JOCKEY LOT VENDOR NEWSLETTER” monthly. Each newsletter will include general information, improvements and upcoming events scheduled at the Lafayette Jockey Lot. Also included will be a section titled “Vendor Tips for Flea Market Success” as well as a “VENDOR of the MONTH”. We look forward to assisting you in becoming a successful business owner!
CHANGES ARE ON THE HORIZON
This Fall Lafayette Jockey Lot Owner, Wesley Ellison performed an over-all evaluation of the property and determined that there were changes to be made. Over the upcoming year you will see changes and upgrades (some small, some large) made to the Market. All these changes and upgrades are being performed with your success in mind. Just a few of the changes you will/have noticed are:
- Relocation of Information Booth – To assist customers in helping find your business.
- FREE Coffee- Free coffee is now offered each Saturday & Sunday
- New Lighted Building Signage and Billboards – Making us more visible to passersby.
- Promotions & Free Giveaways – Weekly distributed to help us show appreciation to both vendors and their customers, increasing customer attraction.
- Parking Lot – Resurfacing and traffic direction to occur this spring.
- Tarps – Standard traps will be required for uniformity and curb appeal to attract customers. Vendors will be notified of product required and date of compliance.
- Power Washing – Buildings will be power washed for a fresh face.
- Tree Trimming & Removal – Trimming and removal of trees currently blocking parking, building access and view of the Jockey Lot from the highway.
- Vendor of the Month – Each month Vendors will be eligible to compete to become the Vendor of the Month. The winning Vendor will be promoted on the website, Facebook and throughout the Market.
- Vendor Recruitment – A new program will be introduced in January in which Vendors can refer a new vendor for rewards.
VENDOR TIPS FOR FLEA MARKET SUCCESS
PROMOTE! Promote yourself by arriving on time. The most frequently asked question of our office staff both early and late in the day is “Where is_______ located?” All too often we receive a response that the booth is not yet open or has closed early.
Successful business owners follow consistent hours of operation. By reserving a space at the market your customers expect you to be present and operational during Shopping Hours. You can’t make the sale if you are not open! The Shopping Hours: Sat: 9am – 5pm & Sun: 10am – 5pm.